Monday, June 2, 2008

Sweet Picture & Update on Sophie

~*~Emma and Mommy on Saturday~*~I liked this picture that Greg snapped of Emma and I on Saturday~ obviously she will smile for a picture when she wants to! : )



I thought that I'd share a little update on Miss. Sophie who continues to wait for us in Yangxi SWI- Guangdong Provence. Another family who adopted their daughter from Yangxi last month found pictures of our Sophie on their roll of film that they recieved back from the SWI after they adopted their daughter. (I am not mentioning their names to respect their privacy). It turns out that their daughter and ours were cribmates! To me this is a small miracle and a gift from God! They scanned & e-mailed the pictures to us, Sophie looked SO SO SO beautiful, just like her big sister Emma. Sophie has a fuzzy head of black hair and soulful black coffee eyes. I wish that I could post the pictures but since they were an email scan and I don't have a CD I don't think that I can. That was not our last Sophie sighting though....somebody from my Yangxi SWI Yahoo Group posted pictures from June of 2008 a couple of weeks ago. I looked at the pictures and guess who was in 3 of them....SOPHIE! I would know this baby girl anywhere. : ) She was laying on the floor with a few other babies and had herself propped up on her elbows, she would have been 7 months old at the time. Again, I don't have a CD of these pictures so I can't upload them on the blog....sorry!




So, as we wait for our I-171H's (FBI Fingerprints) to come back so that we can complete our dossier (paperwork) these pictures give us hope and keep us going on the days that we feel like we will never bring her home. It "finally happened" with Miss. Emma and it will "finally happen" with Sophie too, probably not until November or December now. : (

3 comments:

The Ordinary Horse said...

I love this picture of the two of you and I love the picture of Emma in the pool. Made me smile today! I'm sending thoughts and prayers for Sophie and to get your dossier done asap!! Hugs!!!!

my3 kids said...

what a beautiful picture of you and Emma. Isn't it wonderful to see pictures of Sophie that others have taken while you wait. I pray that one day someone will have a picture of our Emma from before we received her. I so wish I knew where in the room she was so then maybe I would have a better idea of where to look at the photo's posted from the time she was there.

Julie said...

What a blessing to get those pictures of Sophie. I love the picture of you and Emma!

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Blog Archive