Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Hmmmmm.......

I found some pictures on my (new) laptop that I *thought* had been lost. Thankfully they were not! I took these pictures of the girls at the beach while visiting family in Michigan.... Are they adorable beach beauties or what?!
Things have been....hmmmm...."busy" around here. I don't have the energy to go into specific details. And, to put it plainly I really don't care to relive our experience last week! To sum it all up; Emma was put on a new medication. It did not work. It actually had a paradoxical effect. She got pretty upset. She smacked her beloved little sister Sophie in the head with a wooden name plaque. Did you know that head wounds bleed lot? They do! Greg came home from work to clean up the scene of the crime and calm Emma down. I took Sophie to the ER. I consoled her. She understands a lot for a 3 year old. Three staples later along with a popsicle and hospital toy...she was as good as new. It took Emma longer. She is has a lot of physical strength for a 6 year old...I bet that she could have lifted up my mini van over her head. ;) She started to calm down-the next day. Not fun times around here. We have a lot of professionals trying to help Emma. We ditched THAT medicine (DUH) in lieu of a NEW one. This one seems to be helping-thank goodness! The girls are doing pretty good. I am STILL exhausted and it is 5 days later. So is Greg- guess that is what happens when you are 36?

2 comments:

ourchinagirls said...

Ouch!! So sorry to hear about Emma and Sophie! Hope the new med works wonders!!

Christie

my3 kids said...

The girls are so adorable and growing up so fast. Hope they are feeling better now!!

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Blog Archive