Sunday, November 8, 2009

Two Years Ago Today


I KNEW that we had a second daughter in China.

REALLY....I DID.





And, two years ago today I met her in a picture.






Just ask Greg, he can attest to my INSTANCE about this...I blubbered in his weary ears many a nights about this around late 2006-early 2007.





We had wanted to use Emma's adoption agency to find our second child. THEY thought that our second child was in Columbia or Vietnam. THEY were instant. And, rude about it.





Uh, yeah...sorry. *I* knew where our second child was. C-H-I-N-A. Period. God was telling me every TIME that I asked, it was loud and CLEAR.


The feeling was SO STRONG...I had only felt this way ONE time before. In 2004 when we began our adoption process to adopt Emma. :)





A Mother knows these things.





Before I found Sophie I had looked at a LOT of pictures. Very cute picture of Special Needs children available for adoption. I had been looking mostly at boys...boys with Cleft Lip and/or Palate. But, I did not have *the pull*. We had found one adorable little guy that we DID petition for...but, he was meant to be with another family.





Just months later I found Sophie. It was SO EASY. I found her on November 8, 2007-what would have been my Nana's 118Th Birthday. I loved my Nana so much that I KNEW it was a sign. When I locked eyes with Sophie on the screen there was something SO FAMILIAR about her, I was SO RELIEVED to have finally found her. I even said to her picture "It's about time...there you are"!





I thought that she looked a bit like my sister circa 1978...no, Molly is not Asian. ;)


The very next day we committed to adopt Yangxi Zi Ye...soon to be known as Sophia Grace. Sophie's big sister Emma had ear tubes put in that very morning. On the way home from the hospital I told Greg that we HAD to call Sophie's adoption agency. There must have been an unusual urgency to my voice because he called Sophie's adoption agency that morning as soon as we got home from the hospital. :)





It took a LONG time to finally bring Sophie home. Too long. I will not go into detail, suffice to say that the employees at USCIS do NOT give a damn about children waiting for their families. We missed her first two birthdays.





Now Sophie has been home with us for almost 8 months. :) She is a wonderful little girl who makes us all VERY HAPPY. She is just so sweet.





I LOVE YOU SOPHIE.


2 comments:

Beth said...

That was seriously a long wait. I'm SO glad you finally got your beautiful daughter... from CHINA! :)

The Ordinary Horse said...

Megan, this was so sweet; gave me goosebumps and tears all at the same time. I so know what you mean about knowing you're daughter when you finally see her picture. I loved how you wrote that finally, there she was. I knew Eliza the same way when I saw her photo; I felt this very deep connection and still feel it to this day. Ava's photo wasn't the same connection that I felt with Eliza's; it was more like, hey, you remind me of me when I was that age. And you know what's interesting, I find Ava doing more and more things the same way that I did when I was that age and not because I've shown her. It's been touching my heart a lot lately. I definitely feel like both my girls are meant to be my girls. Love ya; see ya soon. Day 3 Zoloft and still seeing the Eliza I haven't seen in a long time! xxoo

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Blog Archive